Saturday, October 25, 2014

When the miracle doesn't come















Ian, my sister's horse is sick.
I drove there today with Indi, to say our goodbyes, because save for a miracle, they will probably have to let him go next week.

I'm so sad, and he is not even my horse. He is just so sweet, "the gentle giant". I know my sister's family's hearts are breaking.

His eyes were so very tired.

There has been crying and praying. We hope for a miracle so that he would get well and we would still get to have him with us. He has brought so much joy and love to many lives.

Miracles are powerful and convincing, but when the miracle doesn't come, and instead comes sickness, pain, loss and sorrow, and yet the person says: " The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21)  -and he prays that only the will of God happens, not his own-

then I know, I am positive,
that the forces of darkness tremble
because they have no power over such faith
and I believe that the angels in heaven rejoice and wonder:
"Who are these human children that they should believe when they do not see?"


"Ian" means: God is gracious.


* Edited the next morning*
Ian passed away last night naturally. He most likely had cancer of lymphatic system. The final results may or may not tell what the cause was. Yesterday he was still eating hay and carrots and he didn't seem to be in pain. He was just very tired and he had lost some 150 kilos of weight. I think it was best this way, my sister didn't have to make the difficult decision.
It was his time to go even though we didn't want it to be.



7 comments:

Little Miss Know-it-all said...

It is very hard to lose a loved pet - I had my Haflinger pony for 25 years (from when he was 3), so a very long time. He had a wonderful character, too. For me, it was my responsibility to make sure he didn't suffer when he became ill suddenly (i was able to ride him in the woods until just the week before) and it was rewarding to know that he went quickly, still chewing on some grass and in his familiar field... I hope for you all that it will be the same for this beautiful creature and you will all cherish the wonderful memories of your time together. Kindest regards.

Spaarmoeder! said...

I hope that miracles are powerfull and convincing these days too! It's hard to lose a loved pet.

heini said...

Sorry for you all. Lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

How sad to have to let Ian go :(
He was a great horse, and seemed to be so full of life at your pictures.

*sigh*

Vappu said...

Thank you everyone!
Little Miss - that is a long time together with an animal, 25 years! It is comforting to know that the animal didn't suffer. It almost seems like Ian continued as a gentleman till the end -my sister agonized over making the right decision, without actually knowing what was wrong with him -so he made the choice for her :)

Just last spring Ava and Ian started competing at regional level and he was in great shape. Who would have known. He wasn't a young horse but he could still have a few good years competing and some more years as a therapy horse or something..

But such is life. With great love often comes great sorrow.

Unknown said...

please found out some new ways to find out such kind of amazing stuff. Lost and found

Unknown said...

Chương trình khuyen mai mobifone mới nhất. Hướng dẫn cách nạp tiền mobifone online.